In the mood for something totally refreshing, healthy and delicious?
Give this healthy green protein shake a try!
Spinach is a great source of vitamin A, K and C as well as zinc, manganese and selenium; it has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory properties. It can help approve and assist functions ranging from eye site, healing, skin and digestion.
The health benefits of apple may include improved digestion, constipation, heart disease, liver and gallstone function and lowered cancer risk.
Celery is a great aid in weight loss as has a low calorie content and is a natural diuretic. It also helps balance the body’s alkalinity and improves digestion and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Ginger helps improve digestion, circulation, inflammation. It can help reduce pain and diabetes; ginger also has anti-cancer properties.
You’ll be surprised at how all of these healthy fresh ingredients blend together perfectly to create the ultimate healthy drink. Go ahead and give it a try – You won’t be disappointed!
- 6-8 oz coconut water (start with 6 oz, add more if needed)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (Thorne brand)
- 1 TBSP avocado (or roughly 1/6th of an avocado)
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger root (smaller than a pencil eraser)
- 1/3 cup frozen spinach leaf
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1/4 large apple
- 1/2 cup of ice cubes
- Place ingredients in blender and cover with lid
- Place the lid securely on the blender
- Pour protein shake into cup and drink immediately and ENJOY your glass of health!
- The following ingredients can be prepped, cut and frozen in individual freezer bags so you can quickly and easily put this together
- I often purchase pre-cut celery when I don’t have time to food prep
- My personal favorite apples for this recipe are organic Fuji or Gala apples
If you’d like more health tips and recipes sign up for my newsletter today!