Looking for a healthy, antioxidant rich protein drink? This recipe offers plenty of protein and fiber all packed into one refreshing drink.
Strawberries and chia seeds offer plenty of fiber and both are low in carbohydrates. They also have amazing antioxidant properties, making them good for improving the immune system, preventing against various types of cancers, and for reducing the signs of premature aging. Chia’s fiber content is optimal at 80% insoluble fiber to 20% soluble fiber. Plus it can help lower cholesterol, improve intestinal health and regularity and may help reduce the risk of colon cancer.
It’s the ultimate anti-aging protein shake!
Strawberry Bliss – Protein Shake Recipe
A High Fiber, Low-Carb Protein Shake
- 6- 8 oz of unsweetened coconut milk (or base of choice)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (Thorne)
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 TBSP avocado
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of ice cubes (start with a few and add more as needed)
- Optional ~ Add 4 or more drops of liquid stevia (Kal brand) for added sweetness
- Start by adding your liquid base. Remember to start with less. You can always add more to get it to just the thickness you prefer.
- Place remaining ingredients in blender and cover with lid.
- Blend thoroughly
- Check for consistency and desired thickness, add more liquid and/or ice if needed and blend a second time to complete the recipe. Everyone has a slightly different preference when it comes to thickness of protein shakes, make a few notes for yourself as to how much ice & liquid you prefer. Before you know it, you’ll be able to make this shake in no time!
- Cut and freeze bananas ahead of time. The more brown a banana is, the sweeter it will make your shake taste. Keep in mind it will also offer a higher sugar content. You can experiment with yellow to yellow-green banana for less sugar and a more resistant starchy carb. Another way to reduce your sugar content would be to simply use less banana.
- Avocados can also be cut fresh and then frozen.
Looking for the latest heath recipes and and fitness tips? If you want reliable and researched information on health, nutrition and fitness sign up for the JenFit newsletter today!
Help me, help you. I want you to receive valuable information, so I’d love to hear from you! Please send me a message or email and let me know if you like this recipe and what topics interest you most.