This dish is great tasting, light and simple to make for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It can be ready in less than 10 minutes. In this recipe, I used one whole egg with the rest egg whites because I am also getting additional healthy fats from the avocado. However, you can opt to have all egg whites with some cheese melted on top just as the eggs are about cooked; or you could choose for to include only whole eggs, which will also help keep you feeling full for plenty of time.
- 1 whole egg
- 4 egg whites (liquid egg whites)
- 1/3 of an avocado
- Pico De Gallo (I used the freshly made one found at Whole Foods)
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or avocado oil (use just enough to coat the pan, start with less and add more)
- ½ tsp grass fed butter
- Celtic sea salt (or other natural preferred salt of choice)
- Mrs. Dash Southwest Seasoning
- Use a small frying pan and use medium heat.
- Coat pan lightly with oil of choice. If you prefer butter, cut a small amount with knife and move around on pan until it melts covering entirely.
- Measure and pour egg whites into pan.
- Add butter.
- Season with a few shakes of each salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash.
- Use spatula to scramble eggs, move them around and cook thoroughly.
- Eggs are done when they start to solidify.
- Place eggs on plate and add sliced avocado along side your eggs and top with a generous serving of Pico De Gallo. Add more salt and pepper as needed.
Like this recipe? Sign up for my newsletter and have instant access to healthy tip and recipes!